Please visit, 'Like', 'Make Friend' and comment on our FaceBook page: BishnuYoga!
"...whether young, old or too old, sick or lean, one who discards laziness, gets success if he practices Yoga."
--- Hatha Yoga Pradipika,
translation by Muktibodhananda Saraswati
Our studio is located in the heart of Toronto's Downtown, called the Seaton Village - at 982 Bathurst St, 3 blocks north of Bloor St.
That's an easy 5 minute walk from the Bloor/Bathurst subway station. There is also plenty of free parking on side streets all around us.
Our studio's "hot" yoga style is rooted in the Bishnu Ghosh Yoga Tradition from Calcutta, India. Bishnu Yoga is a Leading Edge, Next Generation Yoga Style.
Bishnu Yoga is the Original "Hot" Yoga. Traditionally, it is performed in warm class room temperatures to relax the body for stretching. Unlike Bikram Yoga and other related Hot Yoga Methods, also based on the Bishnu Ghosh Yoga Tradition, we do not use high heat in our classes. The comfortable, relaxing and beginner-friendly heat in our 'hot' classes allows the yoga student to practice safer and with confidence, without depleting the body of energy, liquids and without de-stabilizing the joints - the very drawbacks High Heat Yoga is known for.
Our classroom temperature is mildly warm to facilitate safe stretching, and is kept at about 78-82F or 27-28C.
Bishnu yoga series is scientifically designed to work on the entire body in a balanced and thorough fashion, developing strength, flexibility, balance and the power of concentration. It is a whole body yoga workout, developing and maintaining internal physical fitness and health. It keeps the body young and healthy all life long, free of old age symptoms and conditions. This yoga method brings sure and definite results to those who practice in a steady, regular and long-term fashion.
Our studio is a Hot Yoga Pioneer, by introducing Bikram Yoga to Canada in 1993, and is Canada's Leader in its systematic approach in teaching the Bishnu Ghosh Yoga Tradition.
On a gentler and cooler side, we also offer Yin Yoga - a great way to complement your more active "Yang" yoga practice.
A Message from Sasha:
What sets us apart? Why should you consider making our studio your "home studio"?
Here is why:
* We emphasize Quality over Quantity.
* Our yoga instruction is No Nonsense and Goal Oriented. Your time and money is valuable, why waste it?
* When teaching, we draw from decades of daily personal yoga practice and teaching experience.
* Our membership structure is designed to attract serious, hard working and sincere yoga practitioners.
* We know, from personal experience, that attending a minimum of 3 classes per week brings sure and definite physical and mental benefits. Anything less, and it becomes a waste of your time and money.
* To that end, we offer flexible and very affordable weekly, monthly and yearly unlimited class packages. No class cards.
* We deliver calm and expert "down to earth" yoga instruction, with some humour here and there. :-) No entertainment and other kinds of distractions.
* The Best Of "Hot" Yoga, Bishnu Ghosh Lineage.
* Small class size for maximum personal attention. One person class is totally enjoyable!
* Convenient Hours.
* Fresh outdoor air circulation and natural light in the classroom.
* Warm and Friendly environment.
Our classes are for all levels.
We hope to see you soon.